Monday, January 2, 2012

Be It Resolved

I make New Year's resolutions every year, but I don't write them down or announce them to the public. I also don't keep them. Hmmm.... I wonder if there is a correlation?  It's a possibility.

So every year, I make the same resolutions (or set the same goals).  For instance, last year I set a specific weight loss goal, a specific number of pounds to lose.  I didn't make it.  I did lose, but only about 15% of my original figure.  Now common sense and my daughter, tell me to set a goal of 5% of my body weight.  Medical professionals say that losing 5 to 10 percent of your body weight (presuming that you are overweight) gives you tremendous health benefits.  Frankly, I believe them.  I am making that my goal, to lose 5% of my total weight.  But, I'm not going to take a year to do it.
So, there you have it.  It's in public and it's specific.  I will even give periodic updates.  So let it be written, so let it be done.




No comments: