Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Other Life

I have this other life that I would like to be leading. Not instead of the one I have, just a different one. I am here in the midwest, but in my fantasy life I would be near New York or Los Angeles. I would be one of those people that looks familiar, but you can't quite place them, you know? That's because I would be a bit part player on television. I'd show up in all kinds of shows, just for a few minutes, but everyone would say "Oh, I really like her, she should have her own show!" But I never would. Then when I looked familiar, you would recognize me and the paparazzi would follow me. Don't want that, just the familiarity. Cool, right?
But there's not that much doing in Dayton.

My other other life involves singing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. But since I don't live within 100 miles of Salt Lake City, that ain't gonna happen. Ronald darling refuses to move there. Too many Mormons, not enough Latter-Day Saints, he says. Besides, it has a mandatory retirement age of 60... I'm there already.

So I'm down to my other other other life. I auditioned Friday for the Bach Society of Dayton .
The audition wasn't as tough as I thought and....... I made it! I'm in! Maybe I'm as good at something as I think I am! The concert series for next season hasn't been announced yet, but I know that the first performance will be in German!

They still need voices in all parts. The only down side for most of my friends.... rehearsals are on Monday evenings. You'd have to rearrange FHE! LOL I've got the contact information if you're interested; let me know!

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Congratulations!!! :o)

jennifer said...

That is fantastic! I can't wait to come and hear you perform!

Mommo said...

Wait! Don't I know you from somewhere? You look familiar! Oh! That's right you are Liola! The one with the awesome voice who sings with the Dayton Bach Society! I hope to someday get your autograph!

Elaine said...

Congratulations!