Sunday, February 28, 2010

Qualify, Recognize and Follow

When we receive a Christmas present or a birthday present, that means someone loves us.

When I was 16, I did not get a car for my birthday. I wanted one, but I didn't get it. If I had, that gift would have come with qualifiers. Learn to drive, pass the test and maintain a safe driving record. If not, the car sits in the garage in standby mode. The gift of the Holy Ghost also comes with qualifiers. The gift means that Heavenly Father loves us. He doesn't want us to be alone, without guidance. But there are qualifiers for being able to use the gift of the Holy Ghost. We have to be worthy, we have to recognize it and we have to follow it.

Why wouldn't we do that? There are lots of reasons - time contraints, distractions and lack of understanding. But the gift is there, the promises that come with it are there. We must take advantage of the gift that Heavenly Father has given us. He loves us and wants us to have that cmfort and insight.

Don't park the car in the garage and leave it.


3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

So true. Nice post. Thanks for sharing it.

Sylvia said...

Never thought of it that way... Thanks for sharing! :)

Sarah C said...

Thanks for sharing that. I totally agree with you.