Friday, September 3, 2010

Kookie

It's amazing the things that pop into your mind. I put on a denim jacket this morning and the collar turned up a little bit. And there he was... Edd "Kookie" Burns. Loved him! So cute, so sexy and just a little bit of a bad boy!
I know you youngsters have no idea but WOW! I was crazy about him. He was a secondary character on a detective show called "Seventy Seven Sunset Strip". He became as much a part of the show as the stars... sort of like Urkel only SO cool.

So with that image in my mind... the song came. Yes, they wrote a song about his character; the song is called "Kookie, Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb". What a difference a few decades make. Who shares combs these days? Who even uses a comb? Of course, all the men in my life comb their hair with a washcloth! LOL

Old television shows have been under discussion around here all evening. They may come up in future posts.

Anyhoo, two songs from that television show have been in my head all day.



No comments: