Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Sun Came Up Anyway

As you may have surmised; I am disappointed in the results of yesterday's presidential election. Of course, I was disappointed in the results of the Republican primary as well; I guess it's been a rather disappointing year.

That being said, the election is over, the victor is named. And I truly, sincerely, pray that he is the best president that we've ever had in the history of this great nation.

I refuse to suffer from Obama Derangement Syndrome. I will not weep and wail and gnash my teeth. I will, in other words, get over it. That's the message that I tried to relate to Bush-bashing Democrats for the last 7 years; I won't go down that road.

I still believe that the plans president-elect Obama has for this country are wrong. If it turns out that I am wrong (unlikely, in my opinion), I will acknowledge that.

We'll see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second that!

nicole said...

Nice post. I like your attitude... I agree that it's time to get over it. Obama certainly has a lot of pressure and incredibly high expectations to live up to. We'll just have to continue praying for help for this great nation of ours.

Jenn said...

Excellent post! What a blessing it is to live in a blessed nation!

jennifer said...

I liked how Ann Coulter put it...

"In the spirit of reaching across the aisle, we owe it to the Democrats to show their president the exact same kind of respect and loyalty that they have shown our recent Republican president."

*snort*

Seriously, though, although most of us are seriously disappointed, we certainly should pray for him and hope he proves us all wrong.