I've been suffering from blogger's block recently, but my friend has challenged me to think of 7 weird things. About myself! Wait, random not necessarily weird.
Tricky, but not impossible.
1. I lived in Sidi Slimane, Morocco for two years when I was in fifth and sixth grades. It was the only overseas assignment my dad had that we could accompany him. It was wonderful! One of my favorite duty stations.
2. My dad's family is Hungarian, my ancestors came from the area we know as Transylvania in the Carpathian mountains. Is your reaction "Really?" or "Oh, that explains everything!" LOL
3. My first kiss was from my boyfriend, Joe. We were in kindergarten and precocious.
4. My first date was a blind date, arranged by my mother!
5. I love to eat out. I can cook, and like to cook, but I really love to eat in restaurants. Too bad it takes money!
6. Time is weird. I've been married for more than 40 years. Unbelievable. On the one hand, it seems like I've been married forever; on the other, it seems like just yesterday, ya know?
7. I was a voracious reader as a child. I loved all the classic kid book series that no one reads anymore... Bobsey Twins, Cherry Ames, Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys. I got lost in Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn. And my very favorite was a book called Papa Married a Mormon by John D Fitzgerald. It was my first introduction to the church - I read it two or three times a year for years. My mom got so tired of seeing me sitting around the house reading that she'd order me out of the house. I took the current book and went up the apple tree!
I don't know who to tag; if you are reading this and have not been previously tagged, you are IT!