Monday, August 2, 2010

Mormon Monday

Following the example and recommendation of a friend, I am instituting a recurring, themed post on my blog. Mormon Monday. Welcome to the first.

I have favorite scriptures; not just one, but many. And they change depending on my need at any given moment. But some of them are constants. Like this one.

"And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?
Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who created you? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality...?"
- Alma 5:14-15

It's kind of nervous-making to have the Lord, through his prophets, ask you specific questions like that. Or, it can be. But these make me smile. I love this one. "Have ye received his image in your countenances?" Sometimes you can just tell by looking that someone is good and sweet and Christlike.


No comments: